A packing guide to making the most of your luggage space
"Kickstarter" Your Whole Wardrobe
So I was thinking, is it possible to build an entire wardrobe via the site Kickstarter. If you’re not familiar with kickstarter here’s a description taken directly from wikipedia:
Kickstarter has funded a diverse array of endeavors, such as films, music, stage shows, comics, journalism, video games, and food-related projects. People cannot invest in Kickstarter projects to make money. They can only back projects in exchange for a tangible reward or one-of-a-kind experience, like a personal note of thanks, custom T-shirts, dinner with an author, or initial production run of a new product
I really think its doable - the whole build your whole wardrobe with kickstarter. Its actually quite an amazing site…great way to get ideas out there and see if there’s an audience. Not to mention, it provides an excellent platform to disrupt the fashion industry and break the rules! Cut out the mark-ups of the middle-man and really deliver innovative products all through democracy of pledging $. What’s best, is that most of it is also made in the USA! Power to the people.
Here are some fashion items I’ve funded or have been interested in:
- Gustin - one of the more successful fashion companies that started on Kickstarter. Jeans and shirts. And guess what, I regularly fund their products on their site now! Their customer service is also ridiculously awesome!
- TGT (Tight) - streamline, money clip alternative wallet.
- STANTT - shirts that aren’t standardized based on the industry’s terrible templatized sizes. Really looking forward how this can address a man of shorter stature.
- OLIVERS - athletic performance shorts. Taylor Stitch guys worked on this. It can’t go wrong!
- Upstate Stock - US-made gloves.
- Hucklebury - US-made quality shirts and dirt cheap prices! Love more and more companies that disrupt the traditional fashion industry!
- Wool&Prince - I wasn’t able to fund this, but very cool, innovative concept. 100-day straight wear a shirt without washing it and it doesn’t stink! C’mon, son!
Let me know what else you’ve seen in the men’s fashion world on crowdfunding sites! Do you think its doable to build an entire look on kickstarter?
Fabric Swatch from Gustin. How cool is that…the democracy of fashion is what I say!